- DURATION OF THE COURSE
4 years plus one year compulsory internship as per Government of Kerala The annual examination for each year shall ordinarily be held in the month of May/June on such dates as may be fixed by the University. For failed/re-appear candidates, a supplementary examination shall be held in the month of November/ December or on such other dates as may be fixed by the university. The candidate for appearing in the annual examination must have the following :-
- Has been on the college roll for one academic year preceding the examination.
- Have good character.
- Attendance should not be less than 80% (irrespective of the kind of absence) in the theory & clinical practical in each subject for appearing for examination. Candidate must have 100% attendence (including 20 days summer vacation,10 days winter vacation & 10 days sick leave ) in each of the clinical practical areas before the award of the degree. Provided such deficiency is removed within one year of completion of examination.
- Should be medically fit.
- Has his/her name submitted to the University by the Principal of the college.
- The Principal of the college shall have the authority to condone shortage of attendance in theory only to the extent of 10%.
- Every candidate shall be examined as prescribed in the syllabi by the University from time to time.
- Practical examination should be conducted before the theory examination if possible.
Eligibility For Admission
- AGE LIMIT :
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31" December 2011. No relaxation in the minimum age will be considered. There is no upper age limit. Self attested copy of relevent page of school record namely SSLC/ICSE/CBSE certificate showing date of birth should be furnished along with the application as proof of age.
- ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY :
Candidates who have passed the higher secondary examination of the board of Higher secondary Education, Kerala or Examination recognized equivalent there to with 50% of marks in Biology Separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together, are eligible for admission.
Candidates who have passed the B.Sc Degree (3 year course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, or Biochemistry as Main, and any one of the two of the above subjects as subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main and Subsidiaries taken toget her, subjects to the condition that they have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or examinations recognized as equivalent there to with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to B.Sc(Nursing).
- RELAXATION OF MARKS :
Candidates belonging to social and educationally backward classes with total annual family income not exceeding Rs.4.5 lakhs, will have relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination. They need only 45% marks in the case of biology and 45% marks in the case of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together. The SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination. Candidates who are Indian citizen and do not come under Keralite and non Keralite will be consider for admission to Management quota seats subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE :
Candidates who have passed their qualified examination from outside the State of Kerala shall produce the Migration Certificate and Certificate of Recognition and Equivalency of Qualifying examination from the University concerned. It should be furnished at the time of admission.
- SELECTION AND ADMISSION :
Candidates should bring all original documents for verification at the time of admission. Selected candidates shall pay the fees for the first year of the course at the time of admission which will not be refunded. Candidates admitted against Management seats on discontinuation of course of first year after the cut of date for closing of admission fixed by the Government for joining other courses/colleges or other purpose are liable to pay liquidated damages equal to 4 times the annual tuition fee paid by him or her for the first year irrespective of annual family income/nativity/reservation status. All the students who are selected should obey the rules and regulation with out fail.
- RECOGNITION AND APPROVAL :
- Indian Nursing Council,New Delhi.
- Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council,Thiruvanathapuram.
- Kerala University of Health Sciences,(KUHS),Thrissur.
- FEES :
Tuition Fees and other fees to be paid by the candidates as per the College Rules.
- HOW TO APPLY :
Merit seats are filled up by LBS list.Application forms and prospectus can be attained from the college office on all working hours on payment of Rs. 600/- directly or by post by sending DD for Rs.650/-drawn in favour of Principal, Red Crescent College of Nursing payable at SBI,Ramanattukara.
Duly filled application form with necessary documents shall be submitted to the following address directly or by post before the last date.
Red Crescent College of Nursing
Incomplete application will be rejected.
Attested copies of following certificates/documents to be submitted along with the application.
(1) Nativity Certificate
(2) Course Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last attended.
(3) SSLC/equivalent certificate.
(4) Higher Secondary Certificate.
(5) Income Certificate(SC/ST/OECstudents).
(6) LBS fee receipt(merit list students).
(7) LBS Allotment Memo(merit list students).
(8) LBS Acknowledgment Card.
(9) Transfer Certificate.